The UN Resident Coordinator Office in Ukraine
The purpose of the UN Resident Coordinator's Office (RCO) is to coordinate the efforts of the UN Country Team operating in Ukraine to ensure provision of efficient and effective assistance to accelerate the country’s steady progress towards social and economic development, observance of the world’s democratic standards and facilitation of Ukraine’s-world integration process. The UN RC in Ukraine is the designated representative of the Secretary-General and aims to bring together different resident and non-resident UN agencies, funds and programmes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operational activities at a country level. Working closely with the national government in Ukraine, the RCO advocates for the interests and mandates of the UN while drawing on the support and guidance of the entire UN family. The important role of the RC in responding to national needs and priorities includes supporting the Government’s efforts for a coordinated, multidisciplinary response aimed at implementation and monitoring of assistance strategies and programmes.
The UN Resident & Humanitarian Coordinator in Ukraine
Ms. Osnat Lubrani assumed her duties as UN Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in Ukraine on 5 July 2018.
Prior to leading the United Nations in Ukraine, Ms. Lubrani served as UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative for the Republic of Fiji (2013-2018), with multi-country responsibilities for nine other Small Island Developing States (the Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, the Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu). Since 2014, she was also designated as UN Humanitarian Coordinator for response to several disasters caused by extreme weather events.
Previously, Ms. Lubrani served as the UN Development Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Kosovo (2009-2013), working closely with the UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General overseeing the UN peacekeeping mission in Kosovo (UNMIK). Before that, she was seconded to UNDP’s Bureau for Conflict Prevention and Recovery to support UNDP in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. Earlier, Ms. Lubrani held several management positions with UNIFEM in New York Headquarters as well as in the field, including as Regional Director for Central and Eastern Europe, and as Director of the Liaison Office in Brussels. Before joining the United Nations, Ms. Lubrani was a human rights and development consultant in Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (then Zaire), and produced and directed documentary films.
Ms. Lubrani holds a Masters’ degree in International Affairs from Columbia University in New York, a Masters’ degree in Film and Television Production from New York University, and a Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology and History of Africa from Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Meet the UN Resident Coordinator's Team
- Ms. Osnat Lubrani, UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator
- Mr. Dennis Besedic, Head of UN Resident Coordinator's Office
- Mr. Stan Veitsman, Peace and Development Advisor
- Ms. Liudmyla Struk, Monitoring & Evaluation, Data Management Specialist
- Mr. Johannes Fromholt, Coordination Specialist
- Ms. Olena Laba, Public Information Officer
- Mr. Anton-Josef Hagen, Associate Coordination Analyst
- Ms. Yeva Gershberg, Administrative Officer
- Ms. Kateryna Korvin-Piotrovska, Executive Assistant to UN RC/HC
- Ms. Olesia Ogryzko, Partnership Advisor
- Ms. Kateryna Kyrychenko, Partnership Associate
- Ms. Zhanna Sirkovych, Public Information Assistant
- Ms. Anastasiia Aizenshtat, Reporting Analyst
- Ms. Yulia Svavolia, Internal Coordination Consultant
- Mr. Aliaksei Vavokhin, Development Coordination Officer